Navigation Menu

Mum's 3-Step Potato Salad | Recipe




Serves: 2 | Time: 30 minutes | Difficulty: Easy Peasy!


I remember the first time Mum made this salad and took it to a summer BBQ - I could not stop eating it - and to this day, I just keep going for more servings until it is all gone. Of course there are ingredients that some may not like, but you can always sub-out or make it to how you like it, which is the absolute beauty of this easy summer dish. It refrigerates really well, and actually, I prefer eating it the next day! What I love the most is that even though it is a potato dish, it sits really light in your tummy. You don’t heavy afterwards, and I think that’s because it is a vinegar based dressing, rather than a creamy, mayo one. Ever since making this dish for Cree, he is always asking for it, which I am totally fine about because it takes no time at all to cook. You can double up on the recipe and make left overs for next days lunch, and it’ll sit scrumptious in your fridge for days!! So I really hope you enjoy this dish, and let me know how you make it!

YOU WILL NEED: 
250g quatered potatoes
75g green beans
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
100g sliced black olives
50g chopped salami

Dressing:
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
2 teaspoons grainy mustard
salt & pepper, to taste

SHOW ME HOW: 
1. Boil potatoes in salted water for about 15 minutes. Add beans for additional 3 minutes, then strain and cool under cold water.
2. Toss gently in serving bowl, with spring onions, olives and salami.
3. Make the dressing, pour over salad, toss and serve!

Instagram

Follow @courtneey_eve