Navigation Menu

The Yummiest Scones. Ever.

What's one way to make your weekend a little more exciting, and yummy? Scones with whipped cream, jam and fresh berries, that's what. This recipe is so easy and I've been craving them for breakfast, lunch and dinner! To me, a scone has to be crispy and brown on the outside, but soft and moist in the middle. That is why this is the best scone ever.



For these scones, you will need:
3 cups plain flour
6 teaspoons baking powder (no this is not a typo, trust me)
1/4 teaspoon salt
75g salted butter
1.5 cups milk

Show me how to make them!!
1. Preheat oven to 220 Celsius (or 450 Fahrenheit). Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl.
2. Cube up the butter and at room temperature for easy mixing, and put this straight into the bowl. Mix on low speed until mixture kind of looks like breadcrumbs. I used a kitchen aid, but an electric beater will do just a good of a job!
3. Mix in milk quite quickly, until the mixture becomes a pizza-dough consistency. Knead a few times.
4. Roll pieces of the mixture into medium sized balls. Slightly flatten onto a tray lightly floured or with baking paper, evenly spread with at least 2cm between as they do expand quite a lot. You should be able to get about 12 scones from this recipe.
5. Put into oven for 10 minutes, or until the tops are slightly browned. Transfer them onto cooling rack, and either cover for soft scones, or leave uncovered for crispy. I covered mine with tea-towel.

While you wait for them to cool down, lets whip up some cream and get the toppings ready!! I just brought a whippable cream from the dairy section, poured it into a mixing bowl, added about half a teaspoon of vanilla extract and about the same of sugar, and mixed on medium speed until I had whipped cream. You don't have to add the other stuff, but I love how the sugar sweetens it up a little, and the vanilla gives it more flavour. Buy some premade jam - because we're good at baking, but not that good - I have strawberry jam in my cupboard. Halve some rasperries, or strawberries, or kiwi, or banana (what ever what your heart desires). Cut the scone in half and smother on the jam, then cream, then berries, and eat however many you like!! I'm not judging you at all. Trust me.

Now go, go make them and eat them and enjoy!!!

Lots of love, xxx

Instagram

Follow @courtneey_eve