Navigation Menu

NYX Matte Lipstick Review

I seriously think I have found my new makeup best friend, and I need more - NYX Matte Lipstick MLS02. I bought this back in October for my Halloween costume, just wanting just a very affordable bright pink lipstick, and I have been in love ever since. I don't wear it often as it is so bright and bold, but I feel very comfortable in recommending this product. If you are like me and absolutely love the thought of having a new lipstick in your collection, you will be happy to hear that I do believe this is holy grail material!


Here are is of me wearing this lipstick. I had been wearing it for 3 hours without having to reapply or touch it up after eating or drinking...


I'm wearing shade MLS02.


I was hoping to recover a photo from Halloween, but none of them are good quality since they were taken on my old phone :( But trust me when I say that if you apply it properly the first time, and you give it time to dry on your lips, then the staying power beats any other lipstick I have tried. 

The photo you see of me wearing it, I just applied some chapstick before applying the lipstick, and that's all I did for a quick application. Three hours later, my lips still feel "balmy" and moisturised, however the lipstick has basically adheived to my lips and is not coming off or leaving any residue when I drink or eat.

For the Halloween party, I took more time in making sure it would stay on my lips. I applied chapstick before even starting my face makeup. I finished all my makeup before I started my lips, as you would normally anyway. I applied some powder to my lips, then took a lip pencil the same shade as my natural lip colour and applied that. I then went ahead and applied the NYX Matte Lipstick in MLS02, powdered, and reapplied the lipstick. Concealed any areas that were mucky, and I was good to go. 

I actually remember one of my girlfriends asking me during the night whether I had reapplied or not, and at this point, I had totally forgotten I was wearing lipstick (oops...) and she was dumbfounded of the staying power it had. I think the key with this lipstick is that you have to let it dry to your lips before eating or drinking, just let it stick to your lips and give it some time. I really love the matte finish it gives to your lips, however I do think it looks different on a lot of different skin colours. Meaning that I have looked at swatches online, and on some girls, it looks almost violet on their lips. So always remember to try on the colour before buying!

So at the end of the day, I am going to buy some more shades of this lipstick, because it wears so well.

Have any of you guys tried this lipstick? What colours do you own/recommended? Do you love it or hate it?

Love you all ♥


Instagram

Follow @courtneey_eve